Wire Services Department Contact Information
Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Phone: (607) 737-3839
- Chemung Canal Trust Company
Swift Code: CCTRUS31
- Domestic: $25
- Foreign: $40
- Incoming: $15
- The U.S. does not currently participate in IBAN.
Incoming Wires: 4:20 p.m. on normal business days. (Anything received after that time will be credited the following business day)
Outgoing Wires: 2:30 p.m. on normal business days. (Anything received after that time will be processed on the following business day)
What information is required when sending a wire?
- Beneficiary’s full name, address and account number
- Routing number (if domestic)
- Swift Code (if foreign) of receiving financial institution
- Purpose of the transfer
- Additional information may required for foreign wire transfers
If receiving foreign funds into a Chemung Canal/Capital Bank account, please contact the Wire Services group at 607-737-3839 for instructions.
Paying a loan: If you’d like to wire funds to pay your loan, please use your loan number as the account number and it will be processed once it’s received.
If you believe you’ve been scammed:
- Wires cannot be retrieved once sent. Please be cautious and know the person you are sending the funds to.
- A wire transfer is as good as cash–immediately available and can be withdrawn asap.
- If you are pressed into making a decision or asked to send money fast, it’s a sign of a scam.